Beef Bone Broth and Dinner Prep Workshop
The healing properties of homemade bone broth are undeniably profound. Humans have been benefiting from the inherent nutrients of bone broth for generations, and making it is actually quite easy and so satisfying, too!
3 Convenient Dates after Christmas
Join us on Dec 26, 27 or 28 from 2-5PM as we making a generous supply of beef bone broth, with pasture-raised bones from Renewed Pastures Farm. Along with the broth, you will also return home with all ingredients prepped for Whole 30 Italian Beef Soup.
The Self-Starter $30
You provide everything but the bones and ground beef.
Easy Street $45
Amy provides everything but the Instant Pot.
- 6-quart Instant Pot
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Chef’s Knife
- Storage containers for broth (I recommend 4 large Mason Jars)
- 1 Gallon size Ziploc bag or large container for prepped soup ingredients
- 1 Sandwich size Ziploc bag or small container for prepped tomatoes
(this list covers both the broth and soup)
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 medium to large onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- a generous handful of assorted herbs (rosemary, parsley, thyme, cilantro, chives, lemongrass, sage…whatever you like!)
- apple cider vinegar
- black whole peppercorns
- 1-2 medium bell peppers, any color
- 1 medium zucchini
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 medium Roma (plum) tomatoes, or similar
- fresh basil
Note: I also found eggplant was a great addition to the soup, and I’m sure there are other yummy things you could add. Feel free to bring what you like and make the recipe your own.
A Message from Amy
While we wait for our broth to get bubbly, we will enjoy some simple paleo snacks and have the option of viewing “The Magic Pill,” a documentary about the healing effects of food. Or you can also check out after your broth and food prep is complete, go take care of your Christmas returns, and come back 2 hours later to claim your bone broth bounty. Your choice!
Don’t let the lack of an Instant Pot stop you! Borrow one from a friend or put it on your Christmas list pronto