The base recipe for these pancakes comes from Danielle Walker’s Meals Made Simple. We like to add in a bunch of extras when we have them on hand – unsweetened shredded coconut, fresh pumpkin puree, blueberries, and always a generous dash of cinnamon and whatever other spices you like. Feel free to get creative and personalize these pancakes for your family!
palm shortening, for greasing the pan (ghee or coconut oil also work)
6 large eggs
1 cup almond milk
2 cups Paleo Pancake Mix (recipe on the website)
1/4 cup melted ghee or coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut crystals or honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat a well-seasoned cast iron skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add a teaspoon of palm shortening and swirl to coat the pan.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor, in the order listed.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds, until smooth. Scrape the sides of the blender container with a spatula and blend again if necessary.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter per pancake onto the pan and spread lightly into a 4-inch-wide circle. Cook for 2-3 minutes on the first side, until bubbles form on the surface and the sides lift easily. Flip and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding a little more oil to the pan if the pancakes begin to stick.
Make-Ahead Tip: Allow the pancakes to cook completely and then freeze them individually on a tray before placing together in a freezer-safe bag or container. Freeze for up to 6 months, and reheat in the toaster directly from the freezer.